This is so stinking easy. It is better than a lot take out that I have had. Its salty, a little sweet, the crunch of the carrot is just right. It doesn't require much from you. Just toss it in, say your goodbyes, and move on to something fun. Maybe learn the tiger king TIKTOK dance! On that note, here is the recipe for all you cool cats and kittens.
2 lbs Flank Steak
1 small sweet onion, thinly sliced
Cornstarch or an All purpose flour that you like for dusting
4 carrots peeled and jullianned
1 TBS butter
3/4 C organic Tamari / or 1 C coconut aminos
1 tsp minced garlic
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1/2 C coconut sugar
1 C of water
**Serve on top of ramen noodles, rice, or cauliflower rice. I like the Lotus brand for an organic rice ramen noodle! You can roast some brussel sprouts or bok choy to take it up a notch!
1. Slice your onion, peel carrots and Julianne them.
2. If your crockpot has a sauté setting, then sauté the onion and butter until soft and translucent.
3. Slice the flank steak into thinnish strips ACROSS the grain. Dust the steak with cornstarch or a flour that you like - don't use almond or coconut. You really need the flour to act as a thickener, so shoot for a gluten free all purpose, or a regular flour on this one if you don't have corn starch. Grab a couple handfuls and dust the meat so that it is coated.
4. Add steak to the onions and butter
5. Let the steak brown for a few minutes but don't cook all the way through.
6. Turn the setting to slow cook on high for 2 hours.
7. Throw everything else in. Tamari, garlic, ginger, coconut sugar, and water. Give it a little stir.
8. Layer the carrots on top, and put the lid on and done!
9. 15 minutes before its time to eat, turn it back to the sauté setting and let the liquid reduce a little bit, stirring occasionally. It is also a good time to make your ramen noodles, rice, or cauliflower rice to serve it on top of.
Everything in, and ready to cook!
So delicious! let me know if you make it!